Rounds 17 through 22
.406 Club Fantasy Baseball Dynasty Keeper League
Catching up with the Dublin Sharks

Taking a quick jab step backwards, let me break it down for you like a fraction. I joined a great Red Sox Forum recently and they decided to run a five year Fantasy Baseball keeper league. What this means is we draft around 30 players each, and then keep those players for five years, unless we decide to trade or drop said players, or unless they get all 'Cincinnati Bengals' on their owners and end up in some correctional facility or other. I think at that stage they are either cut from the league or given a ticket in the Anne Nicole Smith baby lottery, not sure which.

Over the weekend I managed to round up this bunch of what can be loosely defined as talent.

  • 265. DaddyMac22 - Anthony Reyes (SP-StL)
  • 280. DaddyMac22 - Wily Mo Pena (OF-BOS)
  • 297. DaddyMac22 - Jonathan Sanchez (SP-SF)
  • 312. DaddyMac22 - Craig Monroe (OF-DET)
  • 329. DaddyMac22 - Jonny Gomes (OF-TB)
  • 344. DaddyMac22 - Daric Barton (1B - OAK)

Who exactly are these guys, you ask. Possibly the most visible name on that list is Big Wily Mo Pena. I read recently the Sox are hoping to get him 400 at bats by moving him around so that's fine by me, he can go hang out with Manny and Vernon in my outfield. Craig Monroe came to my attention by hitting a couple of big home runs against the Yankees late last summer. If I don't get 100 home runs out of Manny, Vernon, Wily and Craig I will be very disappointed.

Big Wily Mo Pena - he makes Big Pappi look small(ish)

The most advantageous aspect of the above selections is that not one of them is over 30. I am fascinated that some players in my league are taking guys like Roger Clemens and Kevin Millar. Guys with one single season left in them at most. Having said that, we are that deep in the draft that I wouldn't be suprised if Pokey Reese gets selected soon.

One of the strongest themes running through my draft experience is that I appear to be creating the Worlds largest Fantasy Baseball team. The Dublin Sharks are an amazingly large (both tall and, well, wide) collection of individuals. Take this selection of players.

  • 41. DaddyMac22 - C. C. Sabathia (SP-CLE)
  • 56. DaddyMac22 - Jon Papelbon (SP/RP-BOS)
  • 88. DaddyMac22 - Josh Beckett (SP-BOS)
  • 120. DaddyMac22 - Brad Penny (SP-LAD)
  • 201. DaddyMac22 - Jonathan Broxton (RP-LAD)
  • 280. DaddyMac22 - Wily Mo Pena (OF-BOS)

All six are incredibly over 220lbs and at least 6'3''. One is 6'7'' and another 6'6''! These boys know how to put a steak away. Here's the thing, of that group of six monsters, three are officially recognised as the Major Leagues heaviest players. Have a guess which three you think it is, bonus for guessing their correct weights! Answer at the end of the week i'll mention the winner in the related blog.

Comments

Tent Time said…
Willy Mo Pena is one huge motherfucker. That is all.