''This is harder than the NFL''
Brady-baby-gate gathers pace

Once Dan Shaughnessy weighs in you know a story has got out of hand. There has been a veritable media explosion in the last 24 hours with the news that Tom Brady's ex girlfriend Bridget Moynahan is pregnant and she is claiming the baby is Tom's. Now word from Brady as yet on the matter.

What's amazing is, the anticipation of a comment from New England's star QB is building to pre-Superbowl like hype levels. I realise I am going to sound like Carrie Bradshaw here, however, is the media eventually going to eat itself?

''Please God just put me back on the Football field''

Where is this going to end? Trawl around the Internet, you can find video footage of Brady allegedly leaving his new girlfriends apartment and pictures of them on a date in Paris. You can also find a blog linking the baby in question to an early recruitment drive by Brady's alma matter University of Michigan.

''This just in: the University of Michigan has begun recruiting the fetus placed in Bridget Moynihan’s womb by Tom Brady. They are interpreting the formation of gills and rudimentary appendages as a strong verbal commitment.''

And yes, even Boston sports media columnist Dan Shaughnessy is writing about it. As an aside, this is what infuriates me about Dan. I read his column after having been completely incensed by a column he wrote yesterday saying he was happy to see Foulke retire. It made me really angry that he was 'enjoying' a players retirement because of injury. Then he goes and writes a really good piece on this media carnival.

''A football field is 100 yards by 53 1/3 yards. When you are dropping back to pass and the blitzing linebacker is in your face mask, you can throw the ball out of bounds and start over. Off the playing field, in 2007, nothing is out of bounds.''

By the by, did you know Bridget was a local girl, Massachussetts readers? She grew up in Longmeadow, Mass. Hmph. Would have been such a cool couple had they stayed together. The Patriots QB and a local girl made good. For the love of God, listen to me! I swear, this E! type scandal stuff is foolishly addictive.

The Boston Globe asks, nay, screams, ''When will Brady break his silence?''. I wonder, when will this all go to far?

I know, I know, what am I talking about, I am part of this explosion of nerd like activity on the Internet otherwise known as blogging. Yes, don't worry, I worry about myself sometimes. I shall now go read about why Britney shaved her head. Later skaters.

Comments

Eric (Extra P.) said…
Thanks for the link! I don't think I qualify as "the media" yet, because nobody's paid me a cent for my work, but I'm happy to add to the anarchy.
Haha, UMICH recruitment. Brilliant. This is really been made too big a deal of, time to move on.