Red Sox bullpen struggles through spring but the answer is right before us
Reading Eric Wilbur's piece on the relative spring woes of the Sox pen, it's galling to see the inflated eras of gentlemen who were supposedly in line for the much ballyhooed closer spot.
Quoting from Eric;
- Manny Delcarmen: Surrendered six hits and five runs over 2 2/3 innings -- 16.87 ERA.
- Brendan Donnelly: Surrendered five hits and five runs over 3 2/3 innings -- 12.27 ERA.
- Joel Pineiro: Six hits, three walks, and five runs over 3 1/3 innings -- 10.80 ERA
- Devern Hansack: Surrendered three hits and two runs over 1 2/3 innings -- 10.80 ERA.
- Julian Tavarez: Surrendered five hits and four runs over four innings -- 6.75 ERA.
(John Lester + pitching well this spring x great potential) + Papelbon as dominant as he is = If lester keeps this up put him in the rotation and let him win 15/16 games with very little pressure on him snuggled in the fifth spot while Papelbon slams the door shut every night the Sox have a lead.