Sunday, December 30, 2007

Begrudge this.

Numbers. 16-0. The perfect season. Something people thought would never happen again. 50 touchdown passes. Again, a record some people thought would not be touched again. A dramatic comeback on hostile territory. A thrilling end to a dramatic season.

You know, I have heard from some really bitter, drab people in the last couple of weeks about how much they hate the Patriots and what not, and tonight, after seeing that, I can safely say, 'I do not care'. I couldn't give a flying toss.



16-0. It's a thing of beauty. Fine, if you don't like the Patriots, I don't care if you root for them or not. Not my problem. However, if you can't tip your hat to a 16-0 season, well then you are watching the wrong game. The NFL isn't for you, Chief.

In closing, this is how you close out a 16-0 season. Just like this.

TD04:00Laurence Maroney 6 Yd Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick) 2328
FOURTH QUARTERNWENYG
TD11:06Randy Moss 65 Yd Pass From Tom Brady (Laurence Maroney Run For Two-Point Conversion) 3128
TD04:36Laurence Maroney 5 Yd Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick) 3828

Beautiful.



.

1 comment:

John Fitzgerald said...

Impressive season so far but let's not coronate them yet. If they win the SB, they go down in history as a great team. If they don't win the SB, they are a footnote. That's why they play the games.

Irish National baseball team

Irish National baseball team
Team Ireland at the European Championships, Croatia, 2000.

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

copyright

WHAT THIS MEANS: It means you can quote me or reproduce parts of my postsbut YOU MUST ATTRIBUTE THE SOURCE. Do NOT reproduce any of my posts as a whole. Do NOT reproduce any of my content for commercial gain. ESPECIALLY DO NOT PASS MY WORK OFF AS YOUR OWN. ALL CONTENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IS SOLE PROPERTY OF THE SITE AUTHOR AND PROTECTED UNDER COPYRIGHT.