Ho ho ho - best sporting quotes of 2007.

Don't you just love nostalgic, turn of the year pieces? Well I do, so, listen up. Professional athletes often say silly things. Here are my top five favorite sporting quotes from 2007. Enjoy.

Numero Five

Where better to start than with David Beckham. He used to come out with some funny stuff while in the UK and moving to the States hasn't stopped that trend.

"Well I'm the Prince and I'm sort of slaying a dragon - which is something I've never done before, obviously." - David Beckham on his role in Disney's Dream Portrait ads.

David Beckham - Dragonslayer

Numero Four

Now, for number four, whoever said soccer players are, well, fruity?

"I didn't know it was against the rules." - Cabofriense defender Cleberson after being booked for kissing the referee during a 3-1 defeat by Botafogo at the Maracana.

Numero Three

Rugby is a game played by, well, rustic individuals.

"I used to milk 100 cows six days a week, and then go to a place like Newbridge, in Wales, on a wet Wednesday night and have my head kicked in. It was a tough apprenticeship, but you know what? I miss those days." - New England rugby union captain Phil Vickery reminisces about the good ol' days.

Numero Two

Who want's to party with this guy?

"Sometimes on a day off I go to the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. When we play at home, I go there after the game and it's like a doughnut party! Everyone is eating doughnuts inside their cars - it's like a disco!"- Cesc Fabregas reveals his Homer Simpson fitness philosophy.

Numero Uno

I need say nothing whatsoever about this.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."- Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder ahead of the clash with the New York Giants at Wembley.



.

Comments