Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh, you bitter little man...

More fall out from the ALDS.

This time, Angels starter/ace and all round class act Jon Lackey, as quoted in the LA Times;
"We lost to a team that was not as good as we are."

Let's rephrase that one for Mr Lackey, shall we. What the cantankerous chump meant to say was;

''Whilst the two teams were quite close in terms of talent in all aspects of the game from bullpen to manager and back, the major difference was that I had my fat ass handed to me on a plate (twice) by a twenty four year old who is going to develop to be fifteen times the pitcher I ever was and ever will be, so therefore, really, when all is said and done, I cost us the series.''


That's actually what he meant, just to clear that up, lest anyone think any less of Lackey.



.

1 comment:

Brian said...

What a douche bag.
After a 3 day hiatus - we're back in the game tonight! Any thoughts on Dice-K? I know he does better away from home etc but still, he's not your go-to guy when you're staying up until 1.30AM. Anyway, looking forward to some more playoff action, processed snacks and coffee at the ready!

Irish National baseball team

Irish National baseball team
Team Ireland at the European Championships, Croatia, 2000.

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

copyright

WHAT THIS MEANS: It means you can quote me or reproduce parts of my postsbut YOU MUST ATTRIBUTE THE SOURCE. Do NOT reproduce any of my posts as a whole. Do NOT reproduce any of my content for commercial gain. ESPECIALLY DO NOT PASS MY WORK OFF AS YOUR OWN. ALL CONTENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IS SOLE PROPERTY OF THE SITE AUTHOR AND PROTECTED UNDER COPYRIGHT.