Darren Bent shuts down Twitter

Wait a second. Hang on there one minute. Someone check for me. Is Twitter gone? Completely? Has the site been taken down in its entirety? According to Sunderland’s ace striker, Darren Bent, it is. And I quote;

"I had a good chat with the manager recently and I just thought with the run we're on at the moment, I needed to get rid of the distractions," Bent told the Sunderland Echo. "I have to solely focus on getting Sunderland out of the relegation battle and I have shut the Twitter down.’’


I have shut the Twitter down. Nice.

I wish I had that power. I would shut several websites down right now. I wonder did he just have to announce ‘I have shut the Twitter down’ and it just ended, abruptly? Now that’s power. I guess when you are amongst the top scorers in the EPL you can do that kind of thing, randomly shut websites down just by proclaiming, ‘I have shut (insert website name) down’

Do not fear! I have shut the Twitter down!

Comments