True Irish Stories for Haiti

Dublin Hurricanes legend Garret Pearse has come up with a fantastic fund raising idea for the tragedy in Haiti, all detailed below.


True Irish Stories for Haiti
Article by Garret Pearse


Hi Folks,

I've had an idea which I think (hope!) is a good one. Having been inspired by an American book based on the same idea, I'm looking to compile a book of short true Irish stories with a view to publishing a book to raise money for Concern's Haiti appeal.

So what can you do?

Just take a little time to type your story and email it to me (trueirishstories@gmail.com) along with your name and where you're from. It must be true, it must be short (one to two A4 pages), it must relate to Ireland in some way (however tenuous - we've never been too fussy!).

I'll then take care of the rest (well with the help of some of my good friends as well). I promise that every story will be read and as many of them as possible will then be compiled into a book which will be published. All proceeds from the book will go to Concern's Haiti Appeal.

I've set up a website
below with all the details : http://trueirishstories.blogspot.com and have set a deadline of March 7th although like all things that can be extended if necessary.

So please, get typing and be sure to forward this on to as many friends as possible.


Thanks a mill,
Garret

Comments