Happy New Year to all! What a great day, we can all look back on the year, enjoy a few memories (hopefully) and then slam the door on it and move on to a bigger, better, brighter 2012. In the meantime, before the fireworks go off tonight, a quick look back at the top ten Boston Irish Blog posts of the year that was. Enjoy.
The best of Boston Irish Blog Top ten stories of 2011
- Wednesday, July 20, 2011 Bill Frist, the downfall of online poker and jobs being lost in Dublin and the rest of the World.
- Friday, March 11, 2011 Signs you shouldn't be gambling
- Thursday, May 19, 2011 The Premiere League is about to eat itself
- Tuesday, June 21, 2011 The Boston Bruins and the $156,679.74 bar tab
- Thursday, January 06, 2011 Underdogs Manchester City battle to 0-0 draw with Arsenal
- Thursday, December 08, 2011 Dinamo Zagreb take a dive in the second: French gambling authorities taking a close look at Lyon’s 7-1 win last night.
- Monday, December 05, 2011 **** you, Fantasy Football. **** you.
- Thursday, August 04, 2011 Pay that man his money! A-Rod and the underground A-List Poker circuit
- Monday, October 24, 2011 Beer me: MLB announce they are going to look into Red Sox club-house drinking
- Thursday, July 28, 2011 European Baseball Championship qualifying tournament 2011: Time to get back to a single location tournament.
A handful that didn't make the top ten
(But we liked them)
- Jan 31st 2011 - Where the streets have no name: U2 and the best Superbowl half time show ever.
- Monday, January 24, 2011 - Jay Cutler and casting the first proverbial stone
- Monday, January 10, 2011 - The top ten most enjoyable rivalries in sports: Version 2.0
- Thursday, February 03, 2011 - National Signing Day; or, ‘How to destroy a young mans life with unrealistic expectations’
- Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - Mass panic in Red Sox nation, yet again.
- Monday, May 23, 2011 - Ray Lewis: Preacher man.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - Put the iPad down and go see a ball game
- Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - LeBron drops eight points total in crucial game five: We await ESPN’s reaction.
- Thursday, July 07, 2011 - The Roger Clemens defence: There is none.