Friday, December 14, 2012

The week that was - NFL picks, The Heisman and The Patriots

Right, deep breath, here we go, a quick look at my output this week in the World of freelance sports journalism!

  • Kevin Youkilis joined the Yankees this week. He will play in pinstripes next season. Frankly, it's not as big deal as is being made out, I think anyway. Here's a short piece I wrote for Irish Central about it.
  • Here's my 'Word On The Tweet' written for BetDash. A look at some interesting, some odd and some just plain old screw-ball Tweets from soccer's stars (and, Michael Owen!).
  • This piece on my opinion on the Heisman winner ended up attracting a lot of attention from angry Texas A&M fans of varying degrees of literacy. A couple of the emails I received were quite inflammatory, my favourite was 'Johnny says hi, f****t!' - short and sweet! We'll call that 'The Texas welcome' from now on. I did get an interesting response from a former Texas A&M players that challenged my article without being moronic and or abusive. So, at least there was that. By and large, it would appear I am not welcome in Texas, going forward. This is not a huge loss to me.
  • The old week 15 NFL picks are off to a good start, 1-0! Can you believe it is week 15? The season is almost over, well, for Jets fans anyway! 
  • Actually, maybe I understand why Texas people don't like me, when you consider this sledge-hammer piece on the Patriots win against Houston on Monday night.

There it is - click a few if you feel like supporting freelance supporting journalism! Otherwise, have a great weekend all ya'll

Mac

Linkage

No comments:

Ireland Croatia

Ireland Croatia
The Irish Team in Croatia 2000

Heroes and villains on Fox Sports

Heroes and villains on Fox Sports

'I didn't know..' gets a mention on Fox Sports

copyright

WHAT THIS MEANS: It means you can quote me or reproduce parts of my postsbut YOU MUST ATTRIBUTE THE SOURCE. Do NOT reproduce any of my posts as a whole. Do NOT reproduce any of my content for commercial gain. ESPECIALLY DO NOT PASS MY WORK OFF AS YOUR OWN. ALL CONTENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IS SOLE PROPERTY OF THE SITE AUTHOR AND PROTECTED UNDER COPYRIGHT.