The week that was - NFL picks, The Heisman and The Patriots

Right, deep breath, here we go, a quick look at my output this week in the World of freelance sports journalism!

  • Kevin Youkilis joined the Yankees this week. He will play in pinstripes next season. Frankly, it's not as big deal as is being made out, I think anyway. Here's a short piece I wrote for Irish Central about it.
  • Here's my 'Word On The Tweet' written for BetDash. A look at some interesting, some odd and some just plain old screw-ball Tweets from soccer's stars (and, Michael Owen!).
  • This piece on my opinion on the Heisman winner ended up attracting a lot of attention from angry Texas A&M fans of varying degrees of literacy. A couple of the emails I received were quite inflammatory, my favourite was 'Johnny says hi, f****t!' - short and sweet! We'll call that 'The Texas welcome' from now on. I did get an interesting response from a former Texas A&M players that challenged my article without being moronic and or abusive. So, at least there was that. By and large, it would appear I am not welcome in Texas, going forward. This is not a huge loss to me.
  • The old week 15 NFL picks are off to a good start, 1-0! Can you believe it is week 15? The season is almost over, well, for Jets fans anyway! 
  • Actually, maybe I understand why Texas people don't like me, when you consider this sledge-hammer piece on the Patriots win against Houston on Monday night.

There it is - click a few if you feel like supporting freelance supporting journalism! Otherwise, have a great weekend all ya'll

Mac

Linkage

Comments