Monday, August 18, 2014

Lacrosse! In Ireland! (No, seriously)

Last week I had the chance to chat to Irish National Lacrosse team defenseman, Conor Walsh. Talking to him about the sport in Ireland, particularly from the perspective of being a minority sport in same, was really interesting. The conversation brought to mind many of the highs and lows that Baseball Ireland has experienced over the last 17-18 years.

Many of the themes we talked about resonated as true for the Irish Baseball experience down the years. It's a really interesting interview, and a great insight into Lacrosse in Ireland. I highly reccomend it (and not just because I wrote it).

You can read the article here



No comments:

Irish National baseball team

Irish National baseball team
Team Ireland at the European Championships, Croatia, 2000.

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

A nice little mention for this blog on Fox Sports

copyright

WHAT THIS MEANS: It means you can quote me or reproduce parts of my postsbut YOU MUST ATTRIBUTE THE SOURCE. Do NOT reproduce any of my posts as a whole. Do NOT reproduce any of my content for commercial gain. ESPECIALLY DO NOT PASS MY WORK OFF AS YOUR OWN. ALL CONTENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IS SOLE PROPERTY OF THE SITE AUTHOR AND PROTECTED UNDER COPYRIGHT.