Jason Giambi - ''I'm sorry'' (again)
Yankee first baseman blames MLB for steroids problem

Let's just call him Jason 'Im sorry' Giambi from here on in.

So Jason Giambi is sorry, again. ESPN is reporting that the Yankee slugger has come out with some rather risible comments on steroid use in the majors.

I have asked before and I will ask again. Why does Jason Giambi get a (relatively) free pass on the steroids issue when there is so much hatred and vitriol leveled in Barry Bonds direction (plenty of it coming from me!) on the exact same issue? If anything, Bonds has never ever apologised and thus admitted steroids abuse, whereas Giambi made a clumsy, ugly attempt to do so. Later, In front of a grand jury, Giambi explained where he went to get steroids initially, then how he became involved with BALCO. He gave dates, names of drugs, sources, the whole deal.

So why does he get a completely free pass from press and fans alike? I don't get that one. And now Giambi is at it again, saying sorry;

"I was wrong for doing that stuff,"

No way, really? Drugs are bad? Sadly it's one of those 'apologies' where the individual is only saying sorry so he can apportion some of the blame elsewhere. In this case Major League Baseball. Shouldn't he be calling out the players association too, for basically protecting the players that were and probably still are doing steroids? Giambi also comes out with this hilarious little aside.

"That stuff didn't help me hit home runs. I don't care what people say, nothing is going to give you that gift of hitting a baseball." from ESPN

Fair enough, I guess he took them to help with that pretty complexion of his.

Jason Giambi: America's next top model

ESPN finishes with this line;
''MLB does not test for HGH, but Giambi said he does not use the drug.''

Oh well then, case closed, clearly! If he says he doesn't, has to be true! I mean come on, the guy is clearly nothing but a class act.

It's okay folks, he's writing 'I'm sorry' on this young lady's chest

Comments